 |
| Zero Gravity (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) |
 |
| Zero Gravity (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) |
.jpg) |
Zero Gravity (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) Photo by Theresa Maris.
|
Zero Gravity (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) (The Downward Spiral (Lewis) X Pharaoh's Arrows (Pierce)) Tet., M, Sev, 6" bloom, 28" scape, 2 way branching, 15 buds.
Ever since I first bloomed The Downward Spiral, I have always been trying to push the pattern further out and have the pattern itself more defined. Zero Gravity was the best seedling with that Downward Spiral look. To add to the better bloom, you have a taller scape that stands out in a crowd. Zero Gravity is a lavender bloom with a dark violet, patterned eyezone with concentric rings blending into a yellow green throat. It is fertile both ways, but pods are a little more difficult. $200 for a SF. SOLD OUT. Should be available from resellers this winter. Check on the Lily Auction.
 |
| The Last Airbender (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduciton) |
 |
| The Last Airbender (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) |
 |
| The Last Airbender (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) |
The Last Airbender (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) (Papa Pattern (Simpson) X Inner Rumble (Pierce)) Tet., M, Sev, 5.5" bloom, 25" scape, 2 way branching, 12 buds.
I had lined out this seedling out front and when I saw it bloom for the first season it was in bloom, I immediately relocated it to the main bed in back where I could watch it more closely. I was very pleased to see each bloom was consistently patterned with little to no canoeing. I knew it had to be introduced. The Last Airbender is a light white flower with a dark violet ring patterned eye, blending into a yellow green throat with a dark violet outer edge. It is easily fertile both ways. $150 for a SF. SOLD OUT. Should be available from resellers this Fall. Check the Lily Auction.
 |
| Cleveland Heights (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) |
 |
| Cleveland Heights (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) |
Cleveland Heights (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) (Mayfield Heights (Lewis) X Anti Aircraft Flower (Gossard)) Tet., M, Sev, 6" flower, 47" scape, 6 way branching, 35 buds.
The first year I saw this bloom I just walked by it over and over again. It was only 1 scape and even though it was tall, it wasn't very branched and the flower color didn't call me in for a closer look. It was a rather ordinary yellow. However it was the first year it had scaped and I like to give my seedlings at least 2 years to see what they will look like. Boy, am I glad I waited. In 2025 it threw up several very tall scapes with 6 way branching and 35 buds. You couldn't just walk by Cleveland Heights without enjoying it's display. An excellent landscaping plant. Cleveland Heights is the name of the city I lived in when I first fell in love with daylilies at my Grandmother's house. I lived there for 18 years. I will always have fond memories of living there. Cleveland Heights the daylily is a light yellow flower with a green throat. It is pollen fertile only. I had no luck setting pods on it. $100 for a SF. SOLD OUT. Should be available on the Lily Auction in the future.
 |
| Salvation Lies Within (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) |
 |
| Salvation Lies Within (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) |
 |
| Salvation Lies Within (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) |
Salvation Lies Within (Paul K. Lewis, Fall 2026 introduction) (Identity Complex (Hanson) X Extra Effort (Rice)) Tet., EM, Sev, 6" flower, 26" scape, 2 way branching, 12 buds.
When I think about the cross that brought about this introduction, I think back to the first time I saw Identity Complex in Curt Hanson's garden as a seedling. It was like nothing I had seen before. My mind started to wonder and I thought to myself, "what could I create using Identity Complex?" Some years later I was able to purchase a fan from Curt and I knew I wanted to cross another cristate with it. There weren't that many cristates out there, but I was fortunate to acquire John Rice's Extra Effort. Extra Effort did have a consistently cristate bloom. It was a no brainer. I couldn't set pods on Extra Effort, but was able to set pods on Identity Complex. I wound up with 3 seedlings from the cross. Salvation Lies Within was the best of the 3. It is 100% cristate every bloom. I never see a regular bloom. Salvation Lies Within is a yellow self with a cristate throat. I have always loved the quote, Salvation Lies Within from the movie, The Shawshank Redemption. One of my favorite movies. Salvation Lies Within is fertile both ways. $100 for a SF. Fall delivery.
For more information you can email me at PLar4747@aol.com. Thank you, Paul K. Lewis
Comments
Post a Comment